Some 10 years ago, I asked my computer technician friend which hard drive to buy and he said Seagate is the best. My first ever hard drive was a 250GB Seagate Barracuda back in 2008 which lasted until 2014! Fast forward to 2018, I now have Seagate external hard drives.
When we buy from a store, they generally give us 1 year store warranty. In case the hard drive fails during that period – you can return it to the store and they’ll have it checked and replaced. I have a 1TB external hard drive that lapsed the 1 year store warranty and I thought I was done for. Fortunately, we have the return merchandise authorization or RMA which replaces our faulty/defective product if it is still under the warranty period.
I have returned two hard drives, a Maxtor and a Seagate Portable External Hard Drive. How to replace the defective product? Here’s an overview.
- Make sure it is faulty and under warranty period.
- Register and create an RMA Order.
- Ship your product to Seagate via LBC or your courier of choice.
- Seagate will ship you a replacement. Brand new, FREE of charge! 🙂
Let’s get this guide started!
1. First make sure the drive is really faulty. Use SeaTools to check the status of your hard drive. Download and install: https://www.seagate.com/as/en/support/downloads/seatools/
2. Then let’s check if the product is still under the warranty period:
3. Here is my faulty hard drive still “In Warranty” status.
4. If the product is still under warranty, we can then create an RMA order. Register first at https://www.seagate.com/as/en/consumer-login/ Once you’re registered select “Create Order”.
On the WARRANTY tab, select Manual Entry and fill out the information needed and click Next.
5. On the OPTIONS tab, select Standard Replacement and hit NEXT. Ship your non-functioning product to our receiving facility and upon successful receipt, we will send a replacement product to you within 5 to 7 business days, ground service upon stock availability.
6. Fill out the shipping details: name and complete address. For Seagate Return Location, select UPS SCS (Philippines) Inc and hit NEXT.
7. Review the information and once confirmed, hit Submit Return Order.
8. Now you have an RMA Number. Go to your nearest courier and ship the defective product to the address below. I used LBC and paid P155 pesos only. Use bubble wrap to protect your hard drive.
UPS SCS (Philippines) Inc.
2/F Cargohaus Building
Old MIA Road,
9. You will receive confirmation email so check your email regularly for updates.
10. After 5 – 7 business days, you’ll receive your shiny new replacement Seagate product shipped to your home free of charge! Look how well it was packed!
seagate warranty period
seagate warranty phone number
seagate warranty registration
seagate warranty length
seagate retail warranty
samsung hdd warranty check
how long is seagate warranty
seagate customer number
support seagate apps warranty
seagate rma guide
seagate rma how
ups scs philippines inc paranaque
ups scs tracking
ups scs contact